Monday, March 21, 2011

The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I finally got the recipe back from my Mom, so here it is. My sister-in-law Lisa gave me this recipe because they are truly the best. I still don't think mine are quite as good as hers but I give it a good effort.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 11 1/2 ounce package milk chocolate chips

Cream together butter, margarine and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.  Add salt, soda, powder and flour and mix just until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Roll into balls with a cookie scoop and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: