Thursday, February 24, 2011

A few things to make note of.......

I want to give you all a word of warning about a few things about this blog....
1- I am not a photographer(obviously). I use my little point and shoot camera to give you an idea of what your finished product will look like. I know the pictures suck, and after many years of counseling I have come to accept it. Like I said in my first post, I am not creative so the dishes will never be made to look like a flower or turkey or anything else. I will leave those relief society projects for some talented person because it is not my strong suit.
2- I will try to post a picture of every dish I make. I can not and will not guarantee that it will happen but I will give it a good strong effort. I like pictures of food because I like to know what I am getting into before I commit.
3- I will sometimes try to post a picture of the ingredients I use so you have an idea. You will notice that almost every product I use is the stores brand. In my personal opinion the only things that must be name brand are jeans and hair products. I am such a diva I know, everyone please crown my husband a Saint for putting up with my expensive jean addiction.
4- I watch a lot of cooking shows and read a lot of cooking blogs. On said blogs and shows you will often see the ingredients measured out into little glass bowls to be added at the appropriate time. This to me is a waste of time and effort. I barely have enough will power to throw the dishes that HAVE to be used in the dishwasher at the end of the meal, little loan a bunch of useless glass dishes. So like it or lump it ingredients will not be visually pleasing.
5- Raw chicken is really icky, I will do the world a favor and try to never post pictures of it. It is really fowl and no one needs to see that.

I apologize in advance if any of these things drive you crazy. Thanks for reading!

No comments: