Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken for Taco's, Salads, Burritos, Etc........

I love this recipe because you can use it for so many different things. I used it for taco's on Sunday and will be using the leftovers for a chicken taco salad. I will be testing out a recipe for Cafe Rio's creamy dressing and will let you know how it turns out.

8 Boneless Skinless chicken tenders (mine were frozen)
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
1 jar salsa (we use homemade but any kind will do)
1 can diced green chili's
juice of 1 small lime

This recipe is a little complicated so please pay close attention. First,  take all ingredients besides the chicken and mix together in a bowl. Place chicken in the bottom of a crock pot and pour mixture over the top. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours or until the chicken shreds easily with two forks. Pour excess juice down the drain but make sure to keep about 1/3 of it in with the chicken to make it extra moist. Shred chicken and use in your desired dish of choice.

I told you it was complicated, I am all that is woman. Enjoy!

On a side note, this recipe made more than enough for both taco's and taco salad for the husband and I. I sometimes will freeze the leftovers and use them a few weeks later in a different dish.

1 comment:

Reed said...

I am confused. When do you add the chicken? ;)